Social Profit Institute — Home Forums SPI Office You will see my picture associated with my forum posts

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

It was an odd journey to replace the grey faceless icon with my picture. WordPress.com has a system whereby its sites retrieve a person’s profile from the associated site called: Gravatar. This forum will show someone’s image if they link their account here to their profile with Gravatar. It took me a long time to figure out how to make that work.
    Eventually I found this useful article: How to change my user avatar

I have lots of WordPress.com sites. I picked the one that includes a couple of almost-forgotten sites:
    adventurebegins.wordpress.com/
    rjballantyne.wordpress.com

The image for that Gravatar was over a decade out of date, so I uploaded a new one. My profile for this site was supposed to use that Gravatar, but it didn’t.

It turns out that the email I use for this site must be the same as I use for the Gravatar. The Gravatar’s email is ballantyne@ballantyne.com. I changed my user profile at this site to use that email address, and the Gravatar works.

Since, to be able to access my Gravatar image, I had to change my email address, this WordPress site required me to prove that I really did have control of the new email address. The change was not complete until it sent me an email and I confirmed receipt. I was interested to see what were the contents of a robot email from this site. Here is what arrived.

Subject: [Social Profit Institute] Email Change Request
    Date: September 2, 2020 at 6:29:20 PM PDT
    To: [email address redacted]

Howdy RobertB,

You recently requested to have the email address on your account changed.

If this is correct, please click on the following link to change it:
    https://socialprofitinstitute.com/ [code redacted]

You can safely ignore and delete this email if you do not want to
    take this action.

This email has been sent to [email address redacted]

Regards,
    All at Social Profit Institute

Social Profit Institute — Home

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.